Policy of Privacy
This stuff is important. Let's make sure we get it right.
Last Revised June 3rd, 2020.
tl;dr d20.photos collects the data you give it, plus a little bit of extra data for maintaining the site (logs, errors, etc), and stuff you delete may be kept in a system backup for up to a week before being finally deleted.
I do not, and will not, sell or give out your information unless required by law.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., password and email address), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, links, phone numbers, etc).
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information Collected Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions, the requested URL, and search terms. This information is not tied to your account and is not stored for more than a month.
Information Collected from Cookies
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Provide, and maintain the Services;
- Help protect the safety of d20.photos and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the d20.photos's user agreement;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “our Choices”); and
- Monitor and analyze usage, and activities in connection with our Services
How We Share Information
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or other d20.photos's policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics Partners
d20.photos does not use third-party ad-networks or analytics packages. Your data does not leave d20.photos's systems under normal operating use.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
As a d20.photos user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
You may request that your contact information be deleted at any time by contacting our support email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your submissions may not be removed as you released them to the Public Domain upon submission and do not legally own them anymore. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.